Ever since the day I grew beans and various other veggies in a seeminly compost field, layers of organic matter - cardboard, kitchen waste, garden scrap, manure etc - I believe in permaculture. I had said to myself, if anything grows in this garden, I will commit to permaculture, learn and share it. the veggies grew indeed, and tasted delicous!so here I am, years after, preparing to host one of the pioneers of permaculture - Penny Livingston Stark - in Turkey. This is a dream come true...
facing many challenges such as climate change, peak oil, species’ extinction, declining
quality and availability for our food and water. Permaculture is a design system that
recognizes solutions to create environments that can support humans, animals and wildlife in
a healthy and abundant way. While many feel hopeless about what we can do, there are
solutions that are often hidden in plane view. Permaculture is an approach to designing our
lives, our gardens and our communities that offers many practical solutions to issues that
may seem unsolvable.

8-11 October 2009, Istanbul, Turkey
for more information, in Turkish, you can check http://surdurulebiliryasam.wordpress.com and in English, http://kolektifbilinc.wordpress.com/permaculture/
Permaculture is one of the keystones of the sustainable world we are creating. It's about listening and being in relationship with nature, nurturing ourselves, each other and Mother Earth and living in abundance. It's possible, it's already happening...I encourage you to look into it, to give some reflection, and if it suits you, learn about it.



1 comment:
Stumbled upon your blog doing research for our Nodilus Project, a social utility designed to harness collective intelligence in order to inspire and foster sustainable and regenerative culture.
http://www.nodilus.com
Project may interest you.
Cheers,
Poki
poki@nodilus.com
Post a Comment