Monday, November 14, 2005

arriving to Istanbul

as the plane was landing, I couldn't help smiling, looking at the lights below me, of this beloved city, Istanbul.
here I am, I thought, sliding into an unknown...

I spent years abroad, working, traveling and learning. at one point I must have felt empowered enough to decide to come back 'home' and offer something. something what?
in essence to facilitate learning spaces for people and myself so that we connect to our own wisdom and figure out how to become more part of this world and less separate and afraid.

but before that I need to reconnect with this city. I need to learn how to remain sane and committed to my vision as I try to find my way among 15 million people. I need to learn to be patient and be able to offer a kind word to a stranger when I have to spend hours in traffic. I need to keep trusting I am here for a reason.

I don't have a permenant address or a phone number at the moment but you can reach me via email. for those of you who are in Istanbul, I hope to see you soon. for the rest, please come visit me! anytime...

from a rainy and mysterious Istanbul,
with anticipation and ready to be surprised...
hello Istanbul!
filiz

No comments: